The Trust requires that all nonprofits applying for funding in the Atchison, Kansas community area follow the application guidelines provided below.
In addition to these application guidelines, the Trust has specific procedures that you are expected to review before completing and submitting your application.
- The Atchison Advisory Committee will only consider applications from 501(c)(3) organizations in the Atchison, Kansas community area.
- The Turner Trust may not fund your entire request.
- The application must indicate credible plans for raising the balance of the required funds.
- The Turner Trust insists on Atchison community support for any project they help fund.
Types of Support
- The Trust prefers to give grants for specific purposes (buildings, capital equipment and programs) to be completed in a fixed number of short years.
- On multi-year requests, the trustees will consider only one year at a time.
- Only a limited number of grants will be considered for operational expenses.
Application Deadline & Timetable
- Applications are due September 30, 2023.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Atchison Advisory Committee, with final applications being presented to the Turner Trustees in November 2023.
- All favorable approved grants will be announced in January 2024.
- Funding for all grants will be issued in January 2024.
Payments & Expenditures
- If funding is awarded, the grantee will receive a Grant Agreement from the Bank of America, N.A., which will be published to your online grant application MyAccount. This agreement will need to be signed, and electronically sent back to Bank of America, N.A. in order for funding to be issued.
- All funds awarded will be expended during the year granted, in accordance with the schedule submitted.
Changes to Approved Projects
- Any changes in a project given Turner funds must be approved by the Turner Trustees.
- Per the online Grant Agreement, the Grantee shall submit to the Atchison Advisory Committee a summary of the project for which the grant was received.
- Both the grant agreement and the grant report form will be electronically published to the grantee’s online application MyAccount at the time the grant is awarded.
If you have other questions, contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.